Design Management, International
- Hochschule Luzern - Design & Kunst
- Ort, Bundesland, Land:
- Luzern, Zentral, Schweiz
- B.A. (Bachelor of Arts)
- 6 Semester
This Bachelor programme is the only one of its kind being offered in Switzerland. Upon completion of the programme students will be able to manage design projects and apply design as a strategic positioning tool within a company. The programme is geared to individuals with a strong interest in design but who themselvesdo not want to become designers – persons with strong organisational skills who are looking to combine their love for design with the field of management. All courses are held in English. The programme offers a colourful backdrop for training in a profession that is rapidly gaining significance in the world of business.
Berufsbild und Karrierechancen
Design managers are capable of bridging the gap between the fields of management, design and production. They coordinate the processes in place between a company’s design activities and the creative team of an agency or internal department. Areas of activity include working at a design agency or company, for example in a marketing department. Typical areas are brand design, corporate design, interaction design, product development, corporate communication, project and product management, marketing, PR and ad- vertising, not to mention journalism and reporting on developments in design.
Studienplan und Studienschwerpunkte
History of design and art, management principles, design methods, product design and development, context and empirical research, intercultural communication, marketing, branding, project management, design management theory, innovation management and entrepreneurship.
At least one year of work experience in a creative or related field is an entry requirement
Aufnahme und Zugangsvoraussetzungen
- Completion of an art foundation course is recommended but not obligatory.
- For Swiss students a Vocational High School Certificate (‘Berufsmatura’) or a Cantonal or Federal High School Certificate (‘Gymnasiale Matur’) and at least one year of work experience in a creative or related field.
- For International students: a high school diploma or an undergraduate college diploma comparable to those of Switzerland. And at least one year of work experience in a creative field.
- For Swiss applicants a First Certificate, at least level C1; for foreign applicants IELTS band 6+ or TOEFL 550 or CB TOEFL 220 or a Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) or a (Cambridge) Business English Certificate (BEC).
- Higher Submission of a portfolio of personal work in the area of art and design (in the form of photographs, slides, CD-Rom) and/or a written essay about your motivation for applying to this course together with an account of your previous work experience (Application form can be downloaded from the Internet).
Sprachangebot und Auslandssemester
The Lucerne School of Art and Design is highly valued by students, esteemed by professionals and provider of top-quality courses in our bachelor degree programme, in research and further education. It teaches artistic, creative and organizational professional knowledge in a programme of undergraduate and postgraduate courses. It maintains a national and international network with other universities and colleges, as well as with partners in the private sector. With 550 students the atmosphere is friendly and personal allowing representatives of all fields of study to meet, inspire one another and develop their creative individuality.
Studieren in Luzern
With the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts, the Teacher Training University of Central Switzerland, and the University of Lucerne, the city of Lucerne has transcended its image as a mere tourist attraction and established itself as world-renowned center of culture and travel situated on the shores of Lake Lucerne. The city’s scenic surroundings are particularly inviting for excursions and offer the option of a wide range of activities. With regard to facilities, star architect Jean Nouvel’s Culture and Convention Centre Lucerne (KKL), as well as the Museum of Transport, provide worthy venues for cultural events of the highest calibre.